Both Fight Night Round 4 and UFC 2009 Undisputed have received their first patches for the 360. The PS3 will be seeing those same patches arrive in the near future. That will be Thursday August 6th for Fight Night but no date has been communicated for UFC. Continue on for the full list of changes. Leave your thoughts on the patches in the comments!
- Legacy Mode – Fix for scheduling two fights at once and not being able to advance in the Legacy Mode schedule. Users will need to start a new Legacy Mode file for fix to be applied.
- Legacy Mode – Legacy Mode freezing fix for users’ encountering random freeze events. This fix applies to save load functionality and will NOT fix currently corrupted Legacy Files but will fix all new Legacy Files after the patch has been applied.
- XBOX 360 Boot Up Freeze – Sometimes game would freeze if user had a high number of playlists. This issue has been fixed to handle over 30 custom play lists elegantly. This is for XBOX 360 only.
- Online – Online HUD functionality altered so opponent’s HUD is hidden during the fight. Change made to improve quality of online game play.
- Live Tournament Feature – Fight Night Round 4 will be offering Live Tournaments in the future. This feature will not be accessible until the Live Tournament functionality it turned on. Stay tuned for more information regarding tournament dates and times.
- New Game Play Sliders – Two new sliders that allow the user to customize boxer stamina, boxer accuracy, and the counter punch window for off line game play.
- We recognize premature match quitting as the biggest online issue and have taken steps to fix it. The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player. The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to 0.
- We’ve adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues we’ve seen to date.
- We’ve adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.
- We’ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.
- We’ve increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and we’ve increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.
- We’ve lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.
- We’ve removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so we only show whole percentages.
- We’ve addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.
- For PS3 users we’ve also fixed a bug that causes a freeze during auto-save; whichever controller was used to Press Start on the Title Screen will be identified as the main controller.